Tuesday, February 7, 2012

She wrote this for you

- But I just want to stop feeling.

- As far as I can tell, there's only one way to stop feeling and that's to die.

- That seems a bit drastic.

- It is drastic. Perhaps the most drastic thing there is. There are other ways to kill feelings, like drinking a lot or working hard, constantly, pushing those around you as far away as possible until there's no way for you to reach out to them but ultimately, the only way to completely stop feeling, forever, is to die.

- I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

- Good. You'll be a better person for it.

- What do you mean?

- I mean that the most interesting, amazing people I've ever met, the ones who influenced and shaped the universe itself, are the ones that felt too much but lived through it.

- That sounds hard.

- It is. It involves living.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment